Saturday 23 May 2015

Block #8 - Stashbuster's Ugly Sunshine BOM quilt

Block number 8.  This block reminds me of a bears paw block, but a bit fancier.  I like blocks that look like stars. The strip that runs through the block, depending on how you layout the block, can become a secondary pattern.  This block on its own can make a striking quilt when the block is repeated.


This is what I did with the block.  The light around the perimeter I left it as light by using my yellow fabric.  The lights within the block I filled them with colour.  I like the strip that runs through the block, so I wanted it to stand out a bit and decided to use my dark portions of my orange/yellow fabric.

This block only has a touch of the purple, right in the centre.  If I were to choose to make a quilt with just this block, I would take that purple centre and use the same colour to do the cornerstones of the sashing that I would put around the block and get that secondary pattern going.


As I said earlier I like blocks that have stars in them.  To make the star portion stand out I decided to use the main fabric, the black fabric. Though doing the second set of points in the blue helped to make that stand out a bit too.

No comments:

Post a Comment