Saturday 24 December 2022

Charity hearts quilt

How did you all like that storm Yesturday?  Here in Acton it was blowing heavily all day.  It started early in the morning and didn't stopped until after 10pm.  Everything is white.  I would be very surprised if we didn't have a white Christmas this year.  That will be nice!

I am now as of 5pm yesturday, officially on my week long vacation.  Whoo hoo!!  I have been making a list and going to see how much I can get done.  This list is different though than the usual list.  This one has some stuff that I "want" to do, like learning to make bread in a cast iron pot (some people refer to it as a Dutch oven),  learning to make paleo bagels, making a stained glass look alike using fabric and some other small things too.  I am also planning to get some of my own quilting stuff further along and tackle my goals for 2023.

I plan to share with you, on my blog, closer to the end of the year, the progress that I have made throughout the year.  My UFO list from 2022 and I have already made plans on what I want to accomplish for 2023.  I am looking for a catchy phrase for 2023 that will translate to my goal or accomplishments.  Either a word or a phrase, maybe an inspirational quote/saying.  Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Taking you back to Sept/2021, with this picture of a quilt I quilted for a customer.  Cute little baby size quilt.  I like the simplicity of this one.  It would be a fast and easy quilt to put together for a last minute need or for charity.  This one was made for Project Linus.


Interesting facts:  In mid August/2021, my mother and I installed my design wall in preparation to settle into my sewing room. On the 21st the majority of the kitchen cupboards were installed and remaining cupboards came on 31st, when they also installed the counters. Whooo hooo! I have myself a kitchen again.  Now I can start unpacking things and getting back to normal a bit.  September we pack up our son and bring him to residence at Laurier.  Big day for him.  In renos, I am starting to work on getting the master bedroom together.  Plastering, priming, painting.  Installing shelves in the closets.  At this point now, work on the house starts to slow down as it takes twice as long to do things when people are living in the house.  I'm also continuing to install baseboards.  October is when I start to work on the basement.

Take care everyone!!  Sending you all good wishes for Christmas, however you celebrate it and a safe holiday, hopefully spent with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment