Tuesday 6 December 2022

Postcards given to me

Today, I had to run out to get a secret Santa gift for work tomorrow.  It is into the office for me and my team, for 1/2 the day, for a centre meeting and our team get together, where we plan to make some hygiene kits for those in need, as part of our community involvement.  

Needless to say, there was not much time for some personal time, to do any quilt related stuff, once I made dinner, cleaned up, and took the dog for a walk.  

So, for today, I will take you back in time to Aug 30th/2020:

Back at this time, we were pretty much completed with our postcard exchange, with the Halton Hills Quilter's Guild.  I was in a group of six participants, which meant I needed to make 5 postcards for each person in my group.  I received four cards from the group (one person did not complete the cards by the required deadline), but I still ended up with five postcards, as the organizer of the exchange, Sue Luque, the previous president and past president of the guild, decided to gift me with a postcard as well.

They are all very different.  Everyone has there own take on designs for the postcards.

I was debating joining the postcard exchange again this year, but I am afraid that I would not have been able to put in my 100% in making them.  I don't want to shortchange anyone....

Interesting facts:  At this same time, back in Aug/2020, I am now in the 3rd year of running the HHQG workshops.  This last weekend of August is traditionally the time to do the canning too, for diced tomatoes, marinara sauce, spaghetti sauce and salsa sauce.  At this time in September/2020, we are also moving more large furniture, out of the house to my mom's place, to open up the space.  In renos, I am tiling the bathroom shower and putting the finishing touches in the bathroom.  October/2020, I am starting in on the wood floors, on the office level, and all this month, continuing throughout the house.

This was a pretty busy time of year for me!!

Anyways, hope everyone had a great day!!  Take care and don't forget to take some time for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment