Monday 5 December 2022

Mom's bird on a fence wall hanging

Yesturday, when I was at my mom's place, I helped her take down the bird wall hanging and replaced it with the Santa and his reindeers', riding his sleigh across the sky, with a full moon behind them.  I thought to take a few pictures of the bird wall handing while it was available.

The wall hanging is laying on the loveseat in the living room, so it looks a little lumpy with the pillows beneath it, but is actually hangs straight.  The birds were part of four, in a panel.  My mom/Lorna, used only the three, otherwise the wall hanging would have been too wide.


Mom kept the frame that was around the individual pictures.  She made some colourful pinwheels to add to the top and bottom of the centre piece, and surrounded that with a grey border, followed by a black border.  It turned out quite lovely.  Mom puts this wall hanging on the wall in the stairway and it goes up every spring. 

Here is a closer view of the first bird panel.  I quilted this in free motion quilting.  It may not be perfect, as I was still learning at the time.  I did this one on my domestic machine.  In person, the birds and flowers look almost 3-D.  They seem to pop off the surface.


This next one is the centre panel.  Again, just want to point out that the wall hanging is flat.  In the picture it isn't, because it was laying on the loveseat with pillows beneath it.


Lastly, we have the final panel on the right hand side.


Mom really loves her bird wall hanging.  I think it turned out great too!

I'll leave you with that for pictures.  On the home front, I washed and put on the Christmas sheets on the bed, put up the Christmas tree in the living room and brought home a live poinsettia for the kitchen island.  I am looking forward to taking out some more decorations than we did last year, now that I am not up to my neck in renos.  I am getting into the spirit with listening to Christmas music all weekend and when I can.  Today I even started my Christmas shopping.  Whoo hoo!!

Have a great night everyone!  Take care and don't forget to take some time for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment