Thursday 15 December 2022

Square-in-a-square blocks and three other pictures for inspiration (QW)

I bought a specialty ruler, that is supposed to make it easy to make a square-in-a-square block.  When it arrived back in March/2021, I had to try it.  I made two blocks using fabrics from my scrap pile.  Unfortunately, that is where it stands.  This is a quilt on my UFO list, because I started it.  I could just put it in my bin of extra blocks to be used at another time, but I do want to use up my scraps and I would like to make a whole quilt with this type of block.  It ought to be interesting, made completely from my scraps.  The ones that nobody wants to use anymore, as they are dated.  We will have to see how that turns out....  Don't hold your breath though, as it will be a while before I get to this one....lol. 


I saw this next picture (a free pattern) on Pinterest.   I'm not sure why I saved it.  I was drawn to it.  Maybe some day I will do something with it....


This is another picture from Pinterest.  It's a crumb quilt.  As the caption says....itty bitty crumbs...lol.


And lastly I saved this picture from Karen Brown of Just Get It Done Quilts.  This is what she did as a challenge using her solid scraps, for a modern block.


All of the above pictures are for eye candy.  There is something in each of them that catches my eye!  Will they ever turn into anything...?  Who knows, but I like referring back to them from time to time to get some inspiration.  In a blog, I can easily search them with the (QW) in the title, which stands for quilt-want-to-be...lol

Take care everyone, have a great day and don't forget to take some time for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment