Monday 19 December 2022

HHQG disappearing nine patch workshop quilt samples

As a continuation of my last post, I'll take you back again to March/2021:

When I was discussing the idea of a disappearing nine patch quilt pattern for the upcoming HHQG workshop, one of the members shared with me a second variation of one that she made.  The pattern variation from the last post can be found at Jordan Fabrics free patterns site and this version comes from Missouri Star free patterns.  Both are pretty and simple enough to do, even for a beginner.

This version starts out with smaller squares and once you are done making the block, as in the first version, you would take a background fabric square and do a sew and flip corner.  The first picture here is assembling four blocks together, separated by a blue sashing.  This one was made by a HHQG member.  Pretty spring colours.


For a second version of this quilt I raided my mom's fabric stash to make this one, using fall colours.  This one does not have the sashing.  I am also noting that these two versions here today use two different coloured fabric squares per block with the same background fabric throughout.  The version from the last post only used the one type of fabric per block and the background in that one is also the same throughout.


I made the lap quilt sample above and as I used my mom's fabric stash, I gave her the quilt when the workshop was done.  She uses it as a table topper, on her dinning room table, instead of as a lap quilt.

We had a good turnout at the workshop and we had as many different colour ways as we had people in attendance.  This particular workshop was done via zoom, as we were still very much in the time of covid.

No comments:

Post a Comment