Tuesday 19 February 2019

This and that

This past week, I took a bit of time to run through the last of the 3 1/2" triangles to make the green and blue HST sets.  These sets are for the new design of my Wild & Goosey quilt.  I just have to cut them apart and iron them.  They're going to be my alternate blocks.


During the week, as time was available I also worked on the binding of all the NICU quilts.  All five are now done.  Yay!!!


My bad!  While I was binding the NICU quilts I was watching Bonnie Hunter's QuiltCam reruns.  One of them, I think January/2016, she was doing these cute little 6" flower baskets.  I had to make it!  It's only one block......  But can I see it in a quilt...... Oh yeah!  The wheels in my head are turning....lol.  No guilt, just plain old happiness, seeing this cute block.


This is just too cute!  It was easy and fast too.  I just went onto my pre cut 2" scrap strips, for everything except the one piece (the large basket).  Again, no guilt.  I'm using my scraps.

This week is for my son.  I am on vacation and for his 16th birthday, he is getting a bedroom makeover.  Thus far, walls are all fixed, plastered and primed.  First and second coat of paint on the three walls, plus one coat on the accent wall.  I also have the closet door and bedroom door primed two coats.

Today I have to fix his closet door tracks, add trims and prime all of it, including the baseboards and finish the accent wall.  Tomorrow will be painting two coats of paint on all the doors and trims. After all this it will be install the new blinds, assemble his new bed and get the room back together.

It will be a busy week, so not sure how much sewing/quilting I'll get done.  Wish me luck that I can finish early and have at least one full day to play in my quilt room.

No comments:

Post a Comment