Saturday 16 February 2019

NICU Wild & Goosey quilt top

These last couple of days I've been sitting around doing binding.  For me, when it comes to quilting, it's the binding that I find the most tedious.  At times I enjoy sitting there hand stitching the binding on, admiring the quilt while I stitch, taking my time and relaxing.  But, other times I have to force myself to sit and do it.  I don't get that, but it is what it is.

The day before yesturday, I finished the last bit of one quilt, plus started and finished another.  Yesturday, I started and finished one more, plus have one side of the next one done too.  So now, I have three sides to do and one more quilt to finish the binding.  I'm getting there!

These quilts are all for Project Linus.  The person who collections them will be at the guild meeting this month, so I have this week left to do them.

Since binding is really not that exciting to show pictures of, I thought I would show you this NICU quilt top that I finished sometime last week.


I think it looks cute!  These blocks are only 3" finished and contain 13 pieces of fabric each.  This block is one of Bonnie Hunter's blocks that was in Quiltmaker magazine.  It's call Wild & Goosey.  I didn't change the name.  

These blocks are great for using up bits and pieces of scraps and you get precision when using the paper piece method.  I did mine controlled scrappy with the geese parts blue, the side triangles green, the tail of the geese yellow, and white/cream for the background.  

All of the pieces were from small to tiny scraps, including the sashing.  These blocks and sashings are great for using up all of your tone on tone whites/creams together.  In the overall scheme of things most people will not even notice the differences and it adds another layer of texture.

Today, I am off to change my oil, and head over to my mom's place to finish up some small renos/repairs.  We may even get a chance to visit a quilt store for some borders on a wall hanging my mom finished.  That will be nice!

Take care everyone and stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment