Wednesday 20 February 2019

2nd NICU easy street block

I have to laugh.  Yesturday I shared with you the five NICU quilts that I finished binding, yet I just realized that I forgot to share with you the finished quilts, assembled and quilted.....lol. Can you tell it is crazy around here.  Oh, well.  Better late than never.

Here is the second block my daughter did for her Easy Street quilt.  This was the second extra block with the star.  I fixed the twisted four patches and added the borders to make the quilt the right size.


On this quilt I decided to do an all over free motion design.  Since I got my longarm I haven't taken enough time to practice the free motion stuff, so as you can tell, I am still needing to practice some more.  I have the pattern flow down pat with alternating directions and sizes, but now I need to get a handle on the spacing of the lines, to try and get them more consistent.


A cross view shows the texture of the all over design.  Looks ok from this angle.


This size quilt is just enough to get the motions going, without getting caught in a corner and not too long to get bored with it.  Practice, practice, practice!!!  

I still find it is such a large learning curve between doing it on my domestic machine versus the longarm.  Though I know I should be easier on myself, since I have been quilting on a domestic machine for over 15 years versus only two years on the longarm, and not consistently on the longarm either.  I'll have to keep reminding myself about that!

Update with my son's room.  Yesturday, I did the last coat of paint on the accent wall, fixed his closet door, painted all the baseboards and trims, plus I have one coat of paint on the closet door.  All this happened after I went to the hearing aide place to have my devices checked and cleaned, headed to The Home Depot for the trim and door paint, plus closet door tracks and the blinds.

Today,  I have to finish the doors, install the blinds, put the switch and plug plates back on, hang the shelves and wash up the floor of paint splatters.  Might as well clean the windows too, while I am at it.  If I get all this done, I will be two days ahead of schedule!  

Yay!!!  I'll be able to play in my sewing/quilting room!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment