Thursday 28 February 2019

Take a Stitch Tuesday (TAST) week 5 for 2019

Yikes!  I am already playing catch up!  I was pretty sick yesturday, so thought today after work I would sit, have some 911 tea for colds, relax and do a few stitches to catch up.

A short intro -- Look what I started......  I have been gearing up to do a true crazy quilt with fancy stitches, lace, ribbons, beads and all.  I've wanted to do one for many years, however didn't feel I have the skills to execute it, so........

I have taken up the TAST and Beyond TAST Challenge, which is an online group.  The event is called "Take a  Stitch Tuesday" (TAST) and can be found at  Add the link.   The moderator/hostess is Sharon Boggon.  Sharon is an expert needleworker and the author of her new book called Visual Guide to Crazy Quilting.

There will basically be two stitches each week, for fifty-two weeks.  One from each challenge.  The first one "TAST" is for beginners and the second one, "Beyond TAST" is for those who have some experience. Check out her site for all of the details.

TAST for week 5 - https://pintangle.com/2019/01/29/tast-week-5/


The stitch for week 5 of TAST is the feather stitch  https://pintangle.com/2012/01/16/take-a-stitch-tuesday-week-3/ , my version is the gold stitches in the picture above.  i see this stitch used often in crazy quilts, mostly to resemble stems of a branch with flowers or beads often added to each end.


The stitch for Beyond TAST is the  feather and chain stitch.  https://pintangle.com/2017/05/25/feather-chain-stitch-tutorial/.  Mine is the lilac stitches in the picture above.  I find this one to be an odd looking stitch.  I'm not sure really when this one might come in handy, but you never know.

Are you hooked yet?  Did you join in?

No comments:

Post a Comment