Friday 22 February 2019

Alternate easy street block NICU quilt

Here is the third and last block my daughter made for her Easy Street quilt that didn't make the cut.  There were also some extra leftover black & white four patches and some flying geese, that I added around the perimeter of the quilt.  I finished it off with a green border to make it the final size.

It didn't turn out too bad.  Blue, purple and green make a nice colour combination.


I used this NICU quilt to practice some of the free motion quilt motifs from the 3-way BOM quilt for the freehand quilting style.  I figured I can get some practice in, before doing it on the real quilt.  I added some ruler work with dot-to-dot arrows, cross hatching and some curved chains and curved edges around the geese.

The green border got the twirl/curl all the way around.  The curls twirl alternately up and down.


This next picture shows just how much I was able to practice the motif.  Every flying geese got this hook with pointed shape feather.


Even though this quilt is small, I could see the difference in the motif from the first one to the last one.  They may only be slight differences, but I am getting the hang of it.  

I still feel I should get my machine looked at, as it seems to sometimes stop me from achieving a full circle, without flattening out one side.  Soon.

As for the progress on my son's room, I am done!!!  Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment