Sunday 3 February 2019

Barn block workshop

Yesturday, the Halton Hills Quilter's Guild had our barn block workshop.  There were eight of us, plus the instructor Marion.  They turned out great!  We all had a good time learning the whole process and the comradery.  We started at 10:00 am and got all the way to the first colour completed.  We took a break for lunch, and went right to taping off the sections for the second colour.  By 2:00 pm we were all mostly done and the few that were not, finished them while we started to clean up our area.


If the picture above says anything, I'd say that it speaks of everyone having a great time!  Thank you again Marion, for taking the time out of your busy day to teach us the process and being our cheerleader.


This was my barn block.  It's an Ohio star block.  It is pretty and wasn't complicated to execute. My mom and her block, are on the far left hand side, in the front row of the picture above.


After the workshop that was held in Halton Hills, I decided to head over to my mom's place for a visit.  I stayed for several hours and had dinner there.  While we were sitting and chatting, waiting for dinner to cook, I assembled one of my diamond shaped blocks of the hexagon quilt.  I had the patties done from the night before and just needed to attach them together.  We were chatting so much, it took me over 2 1/2 hours to make the diamond....lol.  At that rate, it will take me forever to get this quilt done, but I am not worried, I am taking my time on this one and enjoying the process.

Hope everyone had a great day.  As for me, I managed to get four NICU quilts quilted.  That will be for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment