Tuesday 12 February 2019

My Scappy Mountain Majesties

Last week on Friday, I confessed that I started a new quilt.  I put it away for a couple of days to concentrate on this months quilt of the month.  I'm happy I did, because I got a lot done on my hexagon quilt.  Check it out in the previous posts of the weekend.

Before I put the pieces aside, I made a bunch more blocks.  I now have the full width of the quilt up on the design wall and started coming down on each side.  As there are two rows across, you can start to see the zig zag shape forming along the width of the quilt.  The zig zag is created by the placement of light and dark fabrics.  Once I get the next row up on the wall, you will see a dark zig zag.  


I like what I am seeing so far.  In person the colours are better.  As this picture was taken late at night, the colours are not as bright as they are in real life.

On Saturday, when I gave up on doing anymore handwork on my hexagon quilt, this was the third thing I worked on that evening.  These are all the units I will need to finish all the blocks.  Since the picture was taken, I also pressed all the half square triangle open with the seams to the dark side.



I'll start trimming these, sometime this week, and one by one, piece the blocks together, though there are a few more things I want to get done as well, so I may work on those first instead.  We'll see....depends on how I feel at the time I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment