Monday 11 February 2019

Christmas tree skirt

I though I should share with you a customer's Christmas tree skirt, before we get too far into the year, after all it's a Christmas tree skirt, and I don't care much for Christmas in July....lol.  It was an odd shape to put on my longarm.  Not difficult, just different.


I took these two pictures to show you how different it looks depending on which points you use as the main direction.  They're both pretty, either way.  The customer needs to centre a hole in the middle with an extending line from there to the edge to form the flap where you would wrap the skirt around the trunk of the tree. I did trim this piece, but forgot to take a picture of it all prettied up.


Here is a close up of the quilting.  I used the Wintergreen pantograph for an all over design.  I felt the holly leaves and the ribbon swirls suited the fabric well.



No comments:

Post a Comment