Saturday 22 October 2016

Working on the navy blue and cream quilt

I am still quilting my navy blue and cream quilt.  So far, I finished quilting everything in the ditch.  Once I finished to this point, my umph to finish this quilt disappeared.  So, I rolled it back up and will tackle it another day.  I am now in the mood to do some piecing.

I found the magazine that was the source of inspirations for this quilt.  The pattern comes from a Better Homes and Gardens magazine, called American Patchwork & Quilting.  Issue number 21 dated August/1996.


The pattern is on page 34, called Stars Ablaze, designed by Jill Reber.  I am making a duplicate of her quilt.  This quilt was the second quilt that I started to make, way back in 2003.  At the time, I had little quilting experience and little imagination, when it came to redesigning a quilt to make it my own.


Besides, I liked it just the way it was.  At the time I thought it was a good pattern for a male, as it didn't use floral fabrics.

The quilt pictured with the words of wisdom below, is another good quilt for a male.  I am making one of these using only men's shirts.  The pattern and the quote below come from Bonnie Hunter's blog called Quiltville.


Words to live by.  If everyone viewed it this way, wouldn't it be a much better world.

No comments:

Post a Comment