Wednesday 26 October 2016

Sewing like mad

I have been sewing like mad around here these past few days, whenever possible.  I finished the entire centre of my spools quilt and have it hanging on the design wall.  I love how this turned out.

Now I am thinking about what to do with the borders.  I am leaning toward making a scrappy border for this one.  A little bit of extra scrappiness before I put a regular border on. I find this quilt a bit small right now.  Initially it looked ok, but when I started assembling all the spools together, it was amazing how much the quilt top shrunk.


While assembling the spools quilt centre, I was also working on the leader/ender project.  The pinwheels of the 16-patch pinwheel quilt are now all done.  With the amount of assembly for the spools quilt, these pinwheels were done in no time at all.


The blocks don't look like much, but when put together with the 16-patch blocks, the quilt as a whole looks nice.  The two blocks together make a secondary design.  I will show you that in my next post.  I have laid out all the blocks on my design wall and other than about seven blocks that I have to undo and redo correctly, I am ready to start assembly of the rows.

I am making progress!!!

**Progress on my top 12 list (which turned out to be 18 instead)**. 

Work in progress:  
4. Quilting - Navy blue & cream quilt (my own)..........finished quilting in the ditch
7. Main work - Spools quilt (my own)..........finished sewing the centre, now working on borders
8. Leader/ender - Mel's romance & roses quilt (family)..........moved this to leader/ender category
9. Main work - 16-patch pinwheel quilt (gift to friend)..........laid out ready to be sewn together
10. Handwork - Reconstructed Dresden plate quilt (my own)...........9 full blocks left to do
11. Quilting - Lise's Dresden plate quilt (family)..........waiting to be quilted
12. Handwork - Machine wall hanging (my own)
13. Paper piece - Pineapple quilt (my own)..........these are put on hold again for a bit

Total number of quilts completed - 10
Total number of quilts left to be completed - 8

Completed quilts:
1. Quilted Flo's hexagon quilt (commissioned)
14. Sabryna's 16-patch pinwheel quilt (family)
16. Reversable crazy quilt & matching doll quilt (charity)
15. Log cabin quilt (my own)
18. Small wonders quilt (charity)
17. Scrappy stripes quilt (charity)
2. Michelle's midnight flight quilt (family)
6. Jean material quilt (charity)
5. Midnight flight runway quilt (charity)
3. Quilting - Lise's hexagon quilt (family)

No comments:

Post a Comment