Friday 28 October 2016

Started assembling the 16-patch pinwheel quilt

I started assembling the 16-patch pinwheel quilt.  Shortly after I finished all the pinwheels I started to lay it out on the design wall.  That is when I realized that I had seven blocks spinning the wrong way.

Instead of fixing them right at the moment, I decided to use them as my leader/ender for assembling the quilt top.  I have the first four rows assembled and only five more pinwheels to fix.  You can see the places that are missing the pinwheels on the bottom right hand side of the picture below.


I like this quilt.  My daughter liked it too, so she made one.  Hers was finished and quilted some time last year.  Even though we used a lot of the same fabrics they both still look different.  I haven't decided yet, what kind of a border I will do, but that usually comes to me while I put the quilt together.

I've also been using my drunkards path quilt block parts as my leader/ender.  Below is the nice pile of parts completed.  In this picture, I just finished trimming them square.  That was before I realized, I should be working on the last main work quilt, from my list of 12 that turned into 18.  


I will show pictures of that quilt later.  At this point all I've done is take the quilt pieces out to look at them.  I do have a bunch of blocks already assembled for it.  I think around nine of them.  If memory serves me there are five red and four black blocks.

Tomorrow I am heading to the Creative Needle and Craft Show at the International Centre on Airport Rd.  I am hoping to see lots of stuff, but especially the APQS Millennium long arm quilting machine. I am really itching to get my hands on one and take it for a test drive.  I am so close to making the plunge into the long arm world.  I will let you know how it goes.

I am also heading to the first quilt show, that I have been able to attend, in Oshawa.  Look forward to that too.  I like seeing what everyone else is up to.  There is usually a lot of inspiration at a show.

I have an exciting day tomorrow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment