Tuesday 4 October 2016

Flo's second hexagon lap quilt

I have been working on this quilt for a few months.  Due to my schedule and lack of enough time in the day, this quilt kept getting delayed.  I did finish it about a little over a week ago.

On Sunday, while I was taking a break from some long over due, major house cleaning, I took care of all the ends in the back of the quilt.

This quilt is pretty.  It's a Christmas gift for the maker's daughter.  Good thing she got it to me some time in June. 


Here is a close up of the grandmother's flower garden block from the back.  This way you can really see how it was quilted.  You don't see too clearly the feathered wreath design I quilted from the front, as it fades in and out on the different fabrics used to make the block.


I can move one more quilt up my list, to the completed section.  It is not one that is on my list of 12 that turn out to be 18, but it is on my list of things that need to be done.  Next on my list of things to be done is a Christmas advent calendar, for one of the other quilting bee members.

Stay tuned for that one a bit later......


**Progress on my top 12 list (which turned out to be 18 instead)**

Work in progress:  
4. Quilting - Navy blue & cream quilt (my own)
7. Main work - Spools quilt (my own)..........first row done, on hold to work on quilting
8. Main work - Mel's romance & roses quilt (family)
9. Leader/Ender - 16-patch pinwheel quilt (my own)..........on hold to work on quilting
10. Handwork - Reconstructed Dresden plate quilt (my own)...........9 full blocks left to do
11. Quilting - Lise's Dresden plate quilt (family)..........top is done, waiting to be quilted
12. Handwork - Machine wall hanging (my own)
13. Paper piece - Pineapple quilt (my own)..........these are put on hold again for a bit

Total number of quilts completed - 10
Total number of quilts left to be completed - 8

Completed quilts:
1. Quilted Flo's hexagon quilt (commissioned)
14. Sabryna's 16-patch pinwheel quilt (family)
16. Reversable crazy quilt & matching doll quilt (charity)
15. Log cabin quilt (my own)
18. Small wonders quilt (charity)
17. Scrappy stripes quilt (charity)
2. Michelle's midnight flight quilt (family)
6. Jean material quilt (charity)
5. Midnight flight runway quilt (charity)
3. Quilting - Lise's hexagon quilt (family).   

No comments:

Post a Comment