Monday 24 October 2016

Started assembling the rows for the spools quilt

I started back on the spools quilt.  I had rows one and two together.  Now I have rows three and four assembled and also assembled to the first two rows.  I forgot how much I enjoyed working on these spools.  It was a trip down memory lane.  Each fabric is different with no repeats.

As I was making this, I was getting offers of bits and pieces of more different fabrics, so that I could continue the theme of no repeats.  I have fabric from my mom, my daughter and some friend's stash.  I love it!


While I was working on the spools quilt, I was able to finish the 16-patch blocks that were in my leader/ender box.  All seven of them are done, for a total of 97 blocks.


I also got nine more pinwheel boxes done, for the same 16-patch pinwheel quilt.  I will have to make a total of 98 pinwheels to finish all the blocks.


I really like the leader/ender system.  It takes the pain out of making the same block, over and over again.  That is how I started the spools blocks, as leader/enders.  Once they were done, I put them into the assemble as a main work project pile.  

It took me a while to make them all, but I really didn't notice how long, because it was all done while working on other things.  I like doing it this way, so much, that I look for things that can be made using the leader/ender system.  Thank you, Bonnie Hunter for sharing your methods with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment