Tuesday 11 October 2016

Started quilting my navy blue and cream quilt

I finally started quilting my navy blue and cream quilt.  I pin basted this quilt yesturday.  I was anxious at first.  This quilt is my oldest UFO (Un Finished Object), quilting wise anyways.  The reason it hasn't been quilted yet is because I never knew what to quilt on it.  I still don't, not really.  But I finally figured if I don't just jump in and get started, it may never get done.

I've decided to quilt in the ditch for now.  It's a place to start.  I'll tack everything down and work from there.  Hopefully something will come to me.  If not, well.....in the ditch will just have to do.  The way I plan to stitch in the ditch will exceed the minimum requirement for the batting.  Nothing fancy though.  On the other hand, if the quilt is going to a boy or man, they my prefer simple.


Stay turned for the finished quilt.  I will let you know what I settled on, once I know myself.

For today, I am off to work at my Mom's place.  Still trying to get things done there.  So no quilting for me today.  But I do see some quilting time tomorrow, while I soak and wash a very old quilt.  I am looking forward to seeing the diamond hexagon quilt completely done.  Once it is washed the white will be lighter and the colours will be brighter.  It will look like a completely different quilt....almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment