Friday 7 October 2016

Advent calendar wall hanging

I was asked by one of the quilting bee members to quilt up this little Christmas wall hanging.  It sat in my quilting room since late June, waiting for some time to be able to quilt it.

Here is the advent calendar before I did anything.


My friend basted the quilt layers with thread and tacked down the pockets, that are part of the calendar. 


In order for me to quilt it though, I needed to remove the pockets.  This way I didn't get caught up in the pockets, while trying to quilt a part of the design on the wall hanging.

Here is a picture of the advent calendar after I did the quilting.



For the quilting on this wall hanging, I mainly stuck to outlining the different shapes.  The angle, the hanging ornaments and the gifts.  I re-attached the pockets along the way.  Now the wall hanging is just needing the binding to be attached to call it complete.  For my part it is complete.  This is yet again another thing I can move up my list, to the completed section.

I am hoping the momentum keeps going.  I am a bit behind on my list of 12 that turn out to be 18, and I still have another quilt I want to quilt before getting back to that list.

No comments:

Post a Comment