Monday 3 October 2016

Cute child's quilt

While I was at the Antique Warehouse in St. Jacobs, I came across this cute little child's quilt.  It only measured approx. 40" X 50".  Each block had an animal sitting in a box.  There was a dog, cat, lamb, duck, horse, teddy bear, rabbit, mouse, and a monkey.


All of the animals were hand embroidered and the whole quilt was hand quilted.  The quilt is simple and pretty.  Here is a close up of the hand embroidered horse.  


This next block is the hand embroidered duck.  I just realized that all the animals are in the box which is decorated with blue flowers and each of them is also wearing a blue coloured bow tie.


Lastly, I took a picture of the mouse.  I didn't think of taking a picture of the monkey, though I thought he looked very cute.  Take a minute and enlarge the quilt picture above.  See if you can find the monkey.  Am I right?  Doesn't he look really cute?


Hand embroidered quilts come and go in and out of fashion all the time.  Some times you see them everywhere and other times you rarely see them.  I think everyone should take the time to make at least one hand embroidered quilt in their lifetime.  An applique quilt too!  It gives you more of an appreciation for them, when you realize just how much work goes into them.

No comments:

Post a Comment