Saturday 11 April 2015

Tiny Town quilt progress

These here are the pieces that I have placed on the design wall. My Tiny Town quilt is starting to take shape.  I have block number one done on the left.  Block number two is all cut out and ready to sew and block number four is also all cut out and ready to sew.  I had this much done for at least two weeks now.  


At the beginning of the week I realized that I have only two weeks left to completely sew block number four.  So I started to take this to work, to work on, during my lunch.  This is how far I got on it.


Now today is the last Saturday before the meeting at Sew Sister's quilt store and I am running out of time.  Even though I am running out of time, I am still procrastinating.  I headed out this morning with my daughter and one of the ladies from my quilting bee to The Hobby Horse.  What I got there will be for another post.

When I got home I had no more excuses.  I had to get my block done.  I worked on it all afternoon and after dinner too.  What did I get done?  Well,  I finished all the pieces of the post office including the embroidered details.  I finished the mail box and the embroidered details, plus the tree.  But, now I cannot see anymore and have to head to bed.  


Tomorrow I will have to finish the bird that I started.  That will complete the top half of block number four.  I still have to do the bottom half of block number four, which is the car and the postal truck.  All this needs to be done and sewn together with the top by the meeting at 11:30 am Saturday.

The clock is ticking.  Tick......tick......tick......will I get it done........(the theme from Jaws)......dah-dah.....dah-dah............................of coarse I will.  Even if it means I am up late on Friday.  I always get what I need done.

No comments:

Post a Comment