Friday 24 April 2015

Teddy bear quilt, part 1

On Wednesday I had a Quilting Bee meeting.  I shared with you some of the things that people were working on a couple of weeks ago.  Well have I got a treat for you.  One of those ladies has finished what she was working on and WOW what a quilt it turned out to be.

I am going to hold back some of the suspense and spread it out over a few posts and show the complete quilt at the very end.  I can tell you, you will not be disappointed.

The blocks are in not particular order.  This first block is of three bears sleeping.  Looks like papa bear in his cap, mama bear in her white bed cap(not sure what it is called) and baby bear all snuggled under a quilt.  The bottom border is a row of leaves and the right side is ribbon.


This one is a girl bear in a dress and matching hat sitting amongst a bunch of stars.


This block is of a boy bear wearing a jacket, sitting, leaning against a vase with flowers and talking to a cat.


The last one for today has got to be one of my favourites, which is a bear out on a rainy day in her raincoat and rain boots, under an umbrella while the leaves are falling.  I thought this was just the cutest and I love the cheerful raincoat.  The border on the top are he leaves that are below the sleeping bears and the right is ribbon.


This quilt was made my my friend Carol.  These blocks, as well as the others, are all very detailed.  Very tiny pieces.  All hand appliquéd and hand quilted.  I was overwhelmed with the whole quilt.  So much to look at.  It was amazing.  

I will leave you with that for now.  Stay tuned for the next batch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment