Thursday 16 April 2015

My daughter's Easy Street quilt

I finally finished quilting and binding my daughter's quilt.  This pattern is called Easy Street, a mystery quilt designed by Bonnie Hunter.  My daughter just jumped right in and went along with the mystery.  Myself, I tend to be more cautious.  I think I have a control issue and not knowing what I am making would be hard for me, because I have no control in regards to the pattern or selections of what colours and where they would look best.  But, I am very proud of my daughter for going for it.


The next picture is the quilt on her bed.  I tried to take the quilt off her bed, so that I could get a better picture, but at first she refused.  She jumping on her bed sprawled out saying no, no, don't take my quilt.  It was quite funny watching her.  She can get very theatrical at times.  She goes on to say no, no, you can't take my Romeo away.  I had to laugh, while I struggled to push her off the bed.  

My daughter is very sentimental about this quilt because it is her first queen size adult style quilt.  I think it looks great.  She did an excellent job on this quilt.  The only difference between this quilt and the actual mystery quilt is that my daughter set her blocks straight instead of on a diagonal.  She decided to do it this way so that the chains would be on a diagonal.  I think it was a good move. 


Here is a picture of the quilting, from the back.  It is of the large main motif.  It was difficult to get a full picture and get the lighting just right, as the design is large at 12 1/2", but there is enough for you to get the gist of it.


This is a close up.  With all the colour it is more difficult to see the quilting.  That is why I took the picture above.  In this picture though you get to see the chain that goes through the green blocks that make up a sashing, but in fact that sashing is part of the second block.  Two blocks make up this quilt, set side by side to make the secondary design of a chain that make a grid across the quilt.


One more quilt that I can cross off my list.  Yah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment