Sunday 26 April 2015

Santa stockings

Yesturday, the kids and I ended up at my Mom's place helping her finish putting her sewing room back together.  Friday, not last week but the week before, we went for dinner and help Mom empty all the large furniture from her sewing room.

Mom spent the following week plugging up the holes, priming, painting and steam cleaning the carpets.  She even managed to get some stuff back in herself.  But what was left was hanging the large cupboards back up.  Not a job for one person.

Yesturday, I called on my brother for help and together we put all the cupboards back up, however in a different location.  Now Mom can spend this coming week putting her sewing room back in order.

Prior to going to my Mom's and after doing all the running around, I had a chance to do some quilting.  It was Christmas in April.  I was quilting two Santa stockings for a friend, each a mirror image of each other.  They don't look big, but they are actually 2 1/2' tall and just over 1 1/2' wide.


Here is an angle view, so you can see some of the actual quilting.  For the quilting it was mostly done by outlining the forms and in the larger areas I used some large spaced fill ins.


This close up picture shows some of the fill in waves in the Santa's beard.  It also shows the outline a bit better too.  I outlined the bricks, icicles, and the shading found in the arm and leg of Santa's suit.


Two more things off my list of things to do.  Unfortunately, it does not reduce the number of the quilting projects on my own list.  

Today I am thinking to change that and try to finish quilting something small, so that I can get some progress done on my own list.  I think it will be the Mariner's compass. 

Enjoy the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment