Saturday 18 April 2015

Tiny Town meeting today

Today was the meeting for Tiny Town block of the month.  I was working on my block, running out of time.  Working overtime at work didn't help.  I even came home yesturday and worked on my block from 8:00-10:30 pm.  By this time my eyes felt like grit.  This morning I woke up at 6:30 am and worked until 10:00 am, when I had to leave to go to the meeting.

As you can see, I almost finished the block before class.  The only part that is still left to do is the red car, at the bottom and the car windows.  Really, really close.


While I was at class this time I thought to take a picture for comparison.  There is not a single block that looks similar to another.  It is very nice to see all the different variations.  Some people did their blocks by machine appliqué with fusing.  Some did fussy cutting for curtain parts of the block.  The colour combinations are all unique as well.


This next group of pictures were the late comers.  Two of the late comers also brought their block number one, as they hadn't finished them for the last meeting.  Even these look so different from the previous batch.  I think it is great.

You may not be able to see it but the person who made the bottom right hand block decided to and in a clothes line with embroidered clothes hanging from the line.  In her block number two the middle block on the top row, she added a bird house and baby bird in the tree. Cute and imaginative.


Our next assignment is block number two.  Yay!!!  That is the block that I already have completely cut out.  It's a busy block, so I will need to keep on top of it.  There are four different buildings, a topiary, and a bird house.  I want to try and get ahead this time, instead of going crazy trying to finish it last minute. We shall see.

Enjoy the beautiful weather everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment