Tuesday 31 March 2015

The cutting band wagon

When I was at my mom's place last Friday, I noted that she has gotten on the cutting band wagon.  She has decided to take my example that I have taken from Bonnie Hunter, which is to cut up the scraps into usable pieces.  She has two quilts that she wants to make.  One of them is all in blues and neutrals and the second one is all scrappy.

Both patterns use 2" strips and one of them also uses 3" strips.  Mom has gone through Her containers of real scraps and pulled all the pieces she could use for the quilts.  When I went on Friday she was starting to cut up her larger pieces of scraps that are just about a fat quarter size.  While she is cutting the strips into 5" length, if there is anything left she will cut 2" squares for a someday quilt.


Me, yesturday before I had to leave for an appointment, I was working on cutting my pieces for block two of Tiny Town.  Today. I am hoping to at least sew the background together.


Yesturday I managed to finish sewing together the top row of my floret quilt and have it back up on the design wall.  I am trying to clear off my sewing table so that I can start quilting my daughter's Easy Street quilt.  This was taking up a large area of the table. 


I also ironed all the stuff that was on the sewing table and cut up my three light fabrics for my Texas Braid quilt that I will eventually be making, by Bonnie Hunter.

Now, what is left to clear off my sewing table completely?  Well, there is the sun shine Mariners compass wall hanging to attach the background so the block is square and the four pot holders that still need quilting and binding.

No appointments today, so as long as I don't get any distractions,  I can get them done.

No comments:

Post a Comment