Sunday 22 March 2015

An update on the Tiny Town appliqué block

Yesturday when I went to the class for Tiny Town applique, the teacher announced that the next block we were doing was going to be number four.  Number four!!!  What???  But I already started block number two, or at least I cut it all out already.  No rhyme or reason, she just decided to do block four next.  Oh, well.  Guess I will have a head start on number two when we get there.


So here above is block number four.  It is the post office, mail box, postal truck and a car with a bird flying above it all.  Below are the fabrics that I am going to use, roughly cut out.  I was hoping to cut them out to actual size sometime Saturday or today, but that didn't happen.


One thing that went well today is the fact that I did finish the label for Rose's Pleated Log Cabin quilt.  I even have it attached to the quilt.  Looks nice.  Now all I have to do is wash the quilt to make sure it will not bleed all over the white. Unfortunately, I already know that some of the fabrics are going to dye.  I did some spot checks on a few that I was concerned about.  This one is going to be tricky.  Wish me luck.  I want it to turn out perfect. 


After I finished the label, which wasn't until late afternoon, I decided to pull out my daughter's Easy Street quilt.  I needed to make the necessary repairs, so that I can get back to quilting it.  There was a small section where the chain crosses over the second chain going in the opposite direction that needed to be fixed.

Now that I have that all done, I am ready to tackle the large design that goes throughout the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment