Sunday 1 March 2015

Tea cubby

*******Yay, for me!!! I just noticed that this is my 250th post.*******

I'd have to say that I am proud of myself.  I didn't know if I could do this.  I didn't know if I would have much to post about.  It started as just a way to document all the quilts and projects that I do. Sort of like a daily journal.  But, it has turned out to be much more.  This has become a way to share with others my passion for quilting and for me to look back and realize just how much I do get done.

This morning I took a little break from my usual quilting to quilt some fabric to make something for my hubby.  My hubby is a tea drinker.  He grew up with tea and a creature of habit has to have a tea cubby to keep the brew warm.  The one I made for him a few years back, has had it's day.  It took me a couple of hours to quilt and assemble this.  It's not much but it will do the job.



Yesturday, I spent the whole day quilting the Pleated Lod Cabin quilt.  By the time my twelve year old son Dylan called me to come for dinner (he decided he was making dinner this day), I had completed the centre of the quilt and just over 1/8th of the last border.  It went very well.

Now that I am done the cubby I will get back to quilting the quilt.  Hoping to get the quilting done today and attach the binding.  That way throughout the week I can tack down the binding by hand, and wash it next weekend.  It is coming along and I am liking it so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment