Monday 9 March 2015

I did a bit of this and a bit of that

Yesturday I did a bit of this and a bit of that.  My quilt room was looking like a dump sight.  I couldn't stand it anymore.  I needed to get a handle on the "stuff".  It was everywhere.  Piles here and there.  Each was needing to be sorted, cut, organized or put away.


I tackled the shirting material that was scattered about in piles of light and dark.  Cut up all the dark pieces I needed, a lot of the lights and all the sashings.  I even have my bright blue cornerstones.  I had to do some moving around and rethinking some of my containers because this quilt needed a bigger one, plus I needed more space for the rest of the deboned shirts.  So that caused me to make an even bigger mess sorting out other containers.

I sorted most of the containers below my sewing table, relocated some things and made them more accessible.  I labeled my containers and organized the contents.


In the process I sorted and counted my pieces for the future Texas Braid quilt, by Bonnie Hunter.  I am sure everyone remembers the system where you deal with and cut up the scraps as they are made. Well for me, since I finished the Bow Tie quilt pieces, I was cutting them up into 2" x 5 1/2" strips of either the lights or the darks.  I haven't been collecting these too long.  I am not even half way there yet.  So I will keep cutting as I go along and when I do have what I need, I can make it.


I even sorted the give away quilts.  Getting the tags together.  I realize I have to make more tags and copy more letters to go with them.  That needs computer time, so for now they are sitting on my sewing table waiting for the labels.

I went down to my room today to gather my grab and go bag, took a look around and sighed a breath of relief.  My room is back in order.  That feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment