Tuesday 10 March 2015

Four orphan blocks being repurposed

For a while now every time I go for a pot holder to take something out of the oven, I keep telling myself that I need to work on getting some more done up.  The ones I have now are starting to get worn out and stained.

During my cleaning bout on the weekend in my sewing room, I found some orphan blocks and the thought hit me to make them into pot holders.  The first three blocks were too small, so I added a small border around them.  Now I need to pick up some heat resistant batting and quilt them up.  They are not all the same, but really, does it matter.  Not to me.




The top three blocks are rejects from my Farmer's Wife quilt.  The first two were kind of plain with a lot less detail than the other blocks and the pieces were too big in comparison.  The third block was a half inch too small for the blocks I was making.  Regardless of them being rejects where they were intended, they found a home somewhere else where they will be appreciated and used, instead of sitting in a drawer.


This last block was an extra from the Grandpa's Star quilt that I made a couple of summers ago.  The quilt is still waiting to be quilted.  In the quilt these blocks were set with dark solid brown sashing with cornerstones.

No comments:

Post a Comment