Friday 6 March 2015

Getting things together

My Dad is back out of the hospital.  Things are stable at this time.  He is doing ok.  We just need to keep an eye on his breathing.  We are all relieved.

While we were at the hospital, for the most part, there was not much to do outside of worry and watch my dad sleep.  So during my stay over I was glad for my grab and go container.  While Dad slept I stitched.  I didn't get a lot done but keeping my hands busy helped to keep my mind focused.


After returning home in the morning I went to sleep.  I woke up in early afternoon and kept busy by making the label for Rose's Pleated Log Cabin quilt.  When the kids got home after school I spent as much time with them as I could, before having to go to the hospital again.  It is hard on them as well, when they don't know or understand the extent of what is really happening.


Now that Dad is out, the kids want to go visit him at his house.  We will be going to dinner so they can spend some time with their grandpa.  It will help them deal with the worry they went through and help relieve their minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment