Tuesday 17 March 2015

Florets for the top row of my hexagon quilt are done

Now all the florets for the top row of my Hexagon quilt are done.  This one was the last one.


Now I start putting the pairs together to assemble the entire row.  This piece is the first set of pairs.  I have it assembled from the bottom up to the half way point.  I take the cardboard hexagons out as I go along.  So long as all sides of the hexagon are attached, the cardboard can come out.


It's not difficult to assemble them, only a little awkward when you start handling larger pieces.  From time to time, as time may allow, I continue to disassemble the old unused diamond shaped hexagons.  Once I have them all done, washed and ironed I can start sorting them.

During the sorting process I have to determine if the old fabric will be strong enough to go back into a quilt.  I will sort them throughout the quilt and add in some reproduction fabric to make up enough diamond shapes to complete the quilt.

I am looking forward to starting up on the diamond shapes.  At that point the quilt will really start to take shape.  Can't wait to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment