Saturday 21 March 2015

So glad it's the weekend

My kids are sad and I am happy.  Not because they are sad, but because it is the weekend of a long week for me, with them being home for March break, sleep overs, doing the taxi service and working overtime.  I am so glad it is the weekend.  However, they are sad because it is the weekend, which means that their March break is over.

Quilting wise, what have I been up to?  Not much.  During my lunches I have been working away at the label for the Pleated Log Cabin quilt.  I am hoping to finish it this weekend and have it attached to the quilt as well.  This weekend, that is about the only goal I am setting for myself.  I need to take it easy.  I have another busy week coming, with more overtime and the quilt bee meeting.


This morning though, I have the Tiny Town meeting at Sew Sister's Quilt store.  We will be reviewing everyone's progress on block one.  Now everyone should be caught up.  This morning is also the official start of block two.  We may discuss some challenges with completing it, but for most of the meeting we will review the blocks done and all the differences.  The meeting gives use a chance to admire the different colour choices and the techniques that people chose to do.


As for me, I have all of my block two pieces cut out and ready to start sewing.  I am starting on the large house on the top row. Stay tuned for the pictures as I complete them.

No comments:

Post a Comment