Sunday 29 March 2015

First batch of pictures from the Etobicoke quilt show 2015

I must apologize in advance for the quality of the photos.  I forgot my tablet at home, so had to use my phone instead.  It is just not the same.  

Today my mother and I went to the Etobicoke Quilters' Guild quilt show.  There were sooooooo many beautiful quilts.  I only took pictures of  a small sampling. There were many many more.  I divided up the pictures into four post, not to overload and crash the post.

The first two pictures were I Spy quilts.  The first one was set as a square within a square and in rows with a colour family per row.  It almost looks like a rainbow across the quilt.  The second one is also set as a square within a square, but this one was set with random colours throughout the quilt, but with the sequence of the outer block colour placement as one light and the next dark.


These two quilts are loved by the children and keep them occupied for hours, as they play games of I Spy.


This next one was a good use of scraps.  The background was a very deep purple and the kaleidoscope blocks were completely scrappy.  I like that you get a circle affect out of each block without having to sew any curved lines.


The last picture for today is a striped quilt.  This quilt was done in black and white with a little bit of red for highlights.  This quilt could be done in any colour way.  I think I may make this quilt as a scrappy.  With all the colours of the rainbow.  This one can also be made using shortcuts or fast piecing methods to help get it done faster.  The border on this one is a piano keyboard affect.


Stay tuned tomorrow for the second batch of pictures.  I tried to take pictures with a variety of styles.  I am saving the best for last, or at least in my opinion.  The great part about quilts is that there are so many different styles of quilt to suit many different tastes.

Hope you enjoy the sampling of pictures I took to share with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment