Thursday 1 January 2015

Working on the Midnight Flight quilt

I decided to do some work on the Midnight Flight quilt.  I have all the sub blocks, but one done.  The blocks left to do are the chevron blocks.  While listening to Bonnie Hunter's archived Quilt Cam, I was able to get a small pile done.  I am taking some time now to draw the lines on the light fabric.


When drawing the line, I am taking the time to draw the additional line on the corner to make the bonus half square triangle.  My jar below is accumulating a stack of half square triangles, with minimal effort.  The half square triangles measure 1 1/2" and will finish in a quilt 1".  This is a no waste effort that helps me get a head start on the making of another quilt.


The pattern of this second quilt is not yet determined.  I was thinking maybe a bears paw quilt, but not sure at this time.  I will just keep making them as I make the chevrons for the Midnight Flight quilt or any other quilt that will give me the bonus half square triangles.

No comments:

Post a Comment