Thursday 15 January 2015

Working on a label

This morning before getting ready for work, I took some time to compose a quilt label.  To me this label is special.  It's for an old quilt.  The floret hexagon quilt.  There is history in this quilt and I feel really good to be a part of completing the quilt so that it can be used and enjoyed by the maker's descendent into the future.

I wanted to make sure that I added enough information to the label as possible, without making it too big.  The label gives a bit of history about the maker and her family.  This is the providence of the quilt.  I hope I haven't left out any important information, but I don't think so.

The picture is a bit shadowy, but in reality it is closer to white.  I am going to use one strand of black DMC embroidery thread to do the letters, and I will attach the label to the back of the finished quilt.

I kept it simple and named the quilt "Rose's florets".


What do you think?  Does it look ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment