Tuesday 20 January 2015

Sabryna's Fair & Square quilt

My daughter joined me in my quilting room on the weekend.  She decided she wanted to sew for a bit.  Sabryna is working on one of Bonnie Hunter's patterns called Fair & Square, from the Scraps & Shirttails II - Continuing the Art of Quilting Green book.  She thinks she has all the four patches she needs and half of the stripy half square triangles.


Sabryna started assembling her blocks using the four patches and the green she chose for the centre.  So far she has a handful of these blocks done.  Her next step will be to put a small black border around these blocks.  I hadn't cut the black yet, so she will just continue to assemble more blocks.  They are looking really nice so far.  I like the green she found in my stash for the centre.  As she only needs to make thirty blocks, I had enough of the green.




No comments:

Post a Comment