Sunday 18 January 2015

Quilting Bee progress

Last week while at the Quilting Bee meeting on Wednesday, I finished off two more hexagon florets.  They are going slowly, but steadily.  I now have thirteen of the fifty that I need done.



Thursday, I had approx. an hour and a half to sit and do something.  So, I started some if the hand stitching for the label that will go on the Hexagon floret quilt.  This quilt will now be referred to by the name of  Rose's florets.  The one strand of black DMC thread is just right to stand out, and not too thick to make it difficult to read the words.


On Friday, I had the day off to take care of things.  In the morning I started a second Dresden Plate block.  This new one is blue.  I got half of the purple circle centre on, before I realized what time it was and had to rush to get ready to leave.


When I was on my way back home from taking care of things, I stopped off at Sew Sisters Quilt Shop.  There I picked up a large piece of Kona Solid Chinese Red that I plan to use for a new quilt, to use up my scraps.  But that's another post...

No comments:

Post a Comment