Monday 5 January 2015

Quilting the Pleated Log Cabin quilt

There has been no quilting going on today.  Just getting back from first day back to work after a holiday break and grocery shopping and errands. Fed the kids, writing this short post and heading up to maybe catch up on Quiltville posts.

Yesturday I did get all the borders on the Pleated Log Cabin quilt.  I also got the quilt layered and pinned.  I even started the quilting.  Yay!!!  This is going smoothly, so far.  

While watching Bonnie Hunter's Quilt Cam I was quilting away.  I have all of the in the ditch quilting done.  Over the next week or two, schedule allowing, I will work on quilting in the individual blocks. In total there are 64 blocks to do.  As the blocks are a pleated log cabin block, I am going to quilt along side the pleats, but not on top of them.  This way the pleated effect will not be lost.

Check out Bonnie and my quilting set up.  I do love my quilting room/studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment