Thursday 8 January 2015

A couple more florets

Today was my late day.  I sat down to do some hand work.  Two hours of working on the floret hexagon quilt.  I finished the little section I had left of the second side, started cutting the backing to 1/4" from the top and trimming the batting to match the top.  I cut and trimmed the full third side, and I pinned the seam under the 1/4" to match the edge.  When I find some more time to sit, I will work at slip stitching the layers closed. Once that is done, I can quilt the last row of hexagons along the edge.  Almost there.


During the last two lunch breaks I got two florets of my own done.  I am making progress.  So far I have eight out of fifty florets done, with little effort.  Only need patients and persistence.  Let's see how much of both I have.  Time will tell.


I started working on this next one today.  My daughter's choice.  



No comments:

Post a Comment