Saturday 24 January 2015

Small pumpkin wall hanging and other progress

I woke up this morning a 5:00 am, again.  Even thought I went to bed at 12:30 am.  I think there is definitely something wrong with my internal clock. It's like when I was a kid.  I could hardly roll out of bed to go to school and when I am able to sleep in on the weekends I can't.  Oh well, got to live with it.  The one benefit to waking up early though is that I am so much more productive.  I can get a lot of stuff done when everyone else is in bed sleeping.

This morning I cut out all the pumpkin pieces for a small wall hanging that I am making.  This will be all hand appliqué.  I pieced the background together and just lay the pumpkins on top for now.  I was just waiting for my Mom to call, because we were going to head to Sew Sisters.


In the late morning I picked up my Mom to go to Sew Sisters.  We both needed some solid red for a quilt the we happen to both be making.  The quilt is call Texas Braid by Bonnie Hunter.  The pattern uses light and dark fabric strips of 2" width.  This is one of the sizes that I already have on hand.  I am not starting it just yet, but I saw the perfect red that I wanted to use.  When you find something you like you have to pick it up right away, because chances are very good that it will not be there when you do want it and the same fabric do not usually come back.

On Friday, another late start for me, I managed to do three more rows of the label for Rose's floret quilt. At lunch I completed another floret of my own.  I started putting on the white hexagons that go around it.  Picture will follow later when I have both the white and the purple completed.

When I got back from Sew Sisters I made a big pot of soup for when the kids are ready to eat and  settled down to start up again on finishing the edge of Rose's floret quilt.  It is going slowly, but it cannot be helped when I get distractions, like driving my daughter to work, laundry, making dinner, and picking daughter up from work.

Now that finished dinner, I just thought to write up this post before I get started again on the edges.  Have a good evening, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment