Wednesday 31 December 2014

Another attempt at finding the right border

I ended up in Cookstown yesturday at the Country Concession quilt store.  I found another fabric that had all the colours needed to bring out the colours in the middle, however this one was just too busy.


We have a busy pattern and a large blotchy pattern.  Now I need to find something that falls right between them both.  Sew Sisters quilt store is closed until the New Year.  But I saw a couple of possibilities on their online site.


Yesturday I finished cutting all the fabric I had out for the Bow Tie quilt.  I made a batch, enough to make a full row of the quilt, and some.  I have enough pieces to make another four rows.  I will be left with trying to find different lights in order to do the last two rows.


Today is another day.  New Year's Eve.  This is the first year that my daughter had been working.  Guess who got stuck working the New Year's Eve day and New Year's day.  Of course the rookie.  So this New Year's Eve we are spending a quiet time at home bringing in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment