Tuesday 30 December 2014

Trying to find the right border

I finally find some time for me to do some quilting and unfortunately I find myself sick with a sore throat, runny nose and body that doesn't want to do anything.  It has been a very busy month with new neighbours and helping them fix up the house, Christmas shopping, cards and decorating.  And all the visiting with family and friends.

This month seems to not have enough hours in the days to get everything accomplished.  But we keep trying and for the most part get everything done.  Today the kids want to go see a movie with the gift card I receives for a gift of thanks, so I am drinking lots of ginger tea and fighting this cold all the way.


The day before yesturday, my mother and I went for a visit to The Hobby Horse to see if we could find some borders.  I found the small border for a pleated log cabin quilt.  The grey colour highlights the blacks and greys in the quilt.  I also found the colours for the last border, however I do not like the feel of the fabric.  I picked up a small piece of the fabric in order to help when searching.  The colours on the fabric seem to pull out all the colours in the quilt, but I want the pattern to be a bit more geometric or something with an older feel to it.  So, I keep looking.  


I was going to go check out Sew Sisters Quilt Store today, but unless I get better really quickly, I will have to schedule it for another day.

In the meantime as I have my ginger tea, I am cutting up pieces for my Bow Tie quilt.  I have seven rows left to do and trying to keep the theme of no repeats is starting to get difficult.  So far so good.  I need to get the bow tie off the design wall, as it is getting big and taking up the majority of the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment