Sunday 21 December 2014

Working on the hexagon quilt

I've started working on the edging of the hexagon quilt.  It is looking really nice.  I like the effect of following the hexagon shape for the edging and following the floret shape for the sides.  

So far I have been able to do a half of the top edge.  The picture below shows the finished edge hemmed and quilted.  I took the picture this evening, so the black is the shadow under neath my sewing machine.  It actually helps to see the full effect of the edging.


This next picture is of one of the sides.  After finishing the half above, I turned the corner and continued to do some more.  I really like the scalloped edge effect.  This was the result of following the floret shape.  Again the shadow under neath my sewing machine helps emphasize the shape.


I noticed in the picture above that I still have my painter pants on.  I thought I was going to paint at my nieces house today, but in the end I was not needed.  Didn't change, because these are my comfy pair of jeans turned painter pants due to an oops.

The quilt is coming together.  Won't be long before I have this one done.

No comments:

Post a Comment