Sunday 12 October 2014

The last of the bow tie leader/enders...for now

So, this is the last of my leader/enders of the bow tie blocks.  This is another 26 blocks.  Now I have to find some more lights to cut up to continue.  I went through all my fat quarter, my scrap drawers, the stash and my pre-cut drawers.  Where I have left to find the variety if lights is going though my project bins and drawers.  That will have to wait until I have time to just play.  Going through those bins and drawers is going to get my juices going.  I will have to hold myself off from getting distracted and start working on one of them.


In the last few days, I was able to sew enough blocks to complete five and a bit rows.  I thought people may want to see the progress on the design wall.  I leave it on the design wall, so that I can see what fabrics I have already used.  So far there are still no repeats, with the help from my daughter.  Yesturday she took five of the blocks down because the lights were a repeat.  I think she get enjoyment out of catching me make errors.  Harmless fun for her.  I found enough lights to also fix those blocks.  

The centre of this quilt is going to be 19 x 19 blocks, which will make the centre 57" square.  It will sit nicely on top of a queen sized bed.  Right now I have 19 x 12 rows complete.  I only need to make seven more rows to complete the centre and that means 133 more blocks.  Did you realize yet that at 19 x 19 blocks, with two fabrics in each block, without any repeats, that there will be a total of 722 different fabric in this quilt.  That doesn't include the borders either.  I get I kick out of these little factoids.


Now that I have been sufficiently distracted with these bow ties, I have to pull myself back in and start on quilting.  I am going to have breakfast, and start on the hexagon quilt.  That will keep me busy for the rest of the day, until we head out to my parent's for thanksgiving dinner.

Enjoy your day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment