Friday 10 October 2014

Chevrons and Bow Ties

Yesturday morning I had to get caught up on a lot of household paper work.  When I was done I had about 30 minutes to sew before I needed to leave for work.  During that time I decided to make some units for the Midnight Flight quilt.  These are the parts that are at the machine that look like a chevron.  I just call it a parallelogram. 


When I make these pieces I will do the one small extra sewing on each corner before I cut it off.  By doing this I will end up with a 1 1/2" half square triangle (HST), to add to my jar for a quilt or project later. Just think.  I have two HSTs that will come out of making one parallelogram, so if I have to make over 500 parallelograms, that would end up producing over 1000 HSTs.  Wow, all for just a little more effort and with otherwise pieces of scraps that would get thrown in the garbage for being too small.


Today when I got home I had to zone out for a bit to relax.  So today I felt like doing some mindless sewing by making a pile of bow ties.  There were 18 bow ties that I made from the smallest pile that was sitting beside the sewing machine.  Three more larger piles left to do, but now I am good. Relaxed and ready to enjoy this Thanksgiving long weekend.

I would like to send out to everyone who does celebrate it, a Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment