Thursday 16 October 2014

Some quilting going on

This morning I have been doing some quilting on the Hexagon quilt. No more pictures to show you until the quilt is done.  Just out of curiosity I timed myself.  I was blown away by the findings.

It takes 16 minutes to do each floret from marking to sewing.  I had just about 1 1/2 hours this morning to quilt and managed to get 5 florets done.  I started with a total of 371 florets and now have 347 left to go.  The fact that I've done 24 so far tells me that I put 6 hour 24 minutes into quilting this quilt already.  It also tells me that I have at least 92 hours and 32 minutes left to go.

Wow, I am going to be quilting this quilt for some time.  There may not be much to post about for a little bit, as there will be no more pictures of this quilt until it is done, unless there are distractions.  Distractions would not be unusual considering the amount of time needed to quilt, but I just want to let people know the reason for the lack of regular posts.

I know me and I know that there will be breaks from quilting, but I want to really concentrate on getting this one done.  I can move on to my daughters Easy Street quilt and on to my own Log Cabin quilt.

Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment