Tuesday 14 October 2014

Don't forget to.... blocks

I realized I hadn't show you the block I finished early last week for my Don't Forget To.... Pillow.  This would be the Dream block.  


On Saturday when I went to my parent's home for Thanksgiving dinner, I decided to go earlier so that I could recover my small ironing board that I use beside my machine for pressing the squares.  My mom owns the staple gun that you use with an air compressor, so it make the job faster and easier.


Because I was quite early I was able to also get some hand work done.  I finished off the Wish block, that only needed the word to be done. And with the help of my grandniece picking out the colours, I finished the Celebrate block.


Yesturday afternoon I had just a little bit of time to start the next block called Adore.  So far I have only four and a half blocks left to do out of the twelve blocks it takes to make the pillow.

Hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend and Thanksgiving dinner.

On a side note, I got a notice from Quiltville.com that the mystery quilt is coming.  Bonnie has sent out the colour requirement/suggestions and fabric requirements.  If you have never done a mystery quilt before, this would be the one to try.  Not only did Bonnie say that this one will be easy, but her patterns are thus far all gorgeous.  They are also so much fun.  My daughter did the one that was called Easy Street.  She liked doing it.  Just check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment